Friday, March 16, 2012

Bathroom Finds

I went to Marshalls this past weekend and found some beautiful bath rugs. They are so shabby chic. One is very similar to one that Rachel Ashwell has at Target. I was thrilled to find these pieces, and did not hesitate at all to put them in my shopping cart.





I love the crochet edging. It's little details like this that make me fall in love. Plus this rug came in a sage color as well, I think I may have to stop there and snatch it, if nobody has already.



I also had this beautiful planter just sitting around in my apartment and I didn't want to hide it because it is quite lovely. So this is what I did with it.



I have so many towels, and some of them have the prettiest of details, like these with the ruffles. I didn't want to hide them, it would be a shame to.


It's funny how when you begin to rearrange things in your home how you can conjure up so many ideas on how to re-use items in different ways. This urn was just sitting around waiting for spring, but now it doesn't have to because it's gotten a new use.
Hope you all have a great day!




3 comments:

Amy Chalmers said...

Thanks for coming by to comment, that is how I came to find your lovely blog! I love it! I will put it on my sidebar blog roll so you can get some followers~our styles are quite similar. Love the rugs~I have the same ones in my home from TJMaxx with the pretty edging. You should change your comment settings cuz you have no-reply right now. You asked if the pink delpheniums were fake or real~they are good fakes, I found them sold by the stem at TJMaxx a couple of years ago.

Melissa Anderson said...

Hi Amy! Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and becoming a follower! I am new to the blogging community, but am loving it because I get to meet great people like yourself with beautiful decorating inspirations. I will definitely check out my comment settings, thank you for bringing that up!
Yes, those delphiniums look anything but fake, they are to die for, I love finding artificial flowers that don't look fake. Thank you for considering my blog for your sidebar, I truly appreciate it and look forward to checking out your future posts!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Hi Melissa...so glad you stopped in to visit so I could find you!
Your blog is beautiful and I have been enjoying catching up with you this morning!! LOVE that cabinet you have pegged for a makeover, can't wait to see! Oh and your little one is so precious!
Nice to meet you and looking forward to following along!