Friday, November 22, 2013

Overdue

Okay, it has been way too long of a hiatus for me from my blogging activity, and I truly need to apologize. So much has been happening, I moved from a small little town to Bismarck, where things have been crazy busy since then. I began working full time interior designing, and my husband just began his own business, and my sweet little girl is growing up too quickly. It's been pretty difficult moving from Connecticut to North Dakota away from family and friends, but it has probably been one of the best decisions my husband and I made for our family. I have been busy decorating Christmas, my favorite:), and the weather has been getting pretty cold here. Here are just a tid bits of some decorating I did.
 
 

 
 
 I took pieces of artificial white pine and cascaded it on each end of this buffet with ornament garland to make the ornaments look as if they're floating.
 
 
 
 
 
 The entire look was supposed to be fun and whimsical, with bright festive colors.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Sparkles and little elves here and there add to the charm and unpredictability.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Have I mentioned I love decorating for Christmas. It only comes once a year and I feel is the only way we can warm things up during those long, cold winter days. Right now I am working on my outdoor urns with fresh greens and cannot wait to complete them and show you all what I came up with.
 
 
Melissa XOXOXO
 
 
 
  

 
 

No comments: