Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Happy Anniversary!

It's been two years of being married to the most amazing husband. The day I got married was the best day of my life, I would love to re-live that day over and over, it was everything I imagined it to be. Now I know my blog is about decorating, gardening, and beautiful things for the home, but I thought I would make today's post about my special day and share some of what my day was like with you all.


Putting on the dress

I was lucky enough to have my dress custom made by a wonderful and very talented seamstress. She listened to every little thing I wanted without making me feel like I was asking for too much.
I wanted lots and lots of tulle, and a lace bodice with tiny little pearl accents sewn in here and there. This photo is a tiny close up of the bodice.

I wanted it very romantic and feminine, no sparkles whatsoever. She created my vision into a reality and I couldn't of been any happier.


taking a picture with the man who will always be special to me, my father. Now off to....


pictures with my beautiful bridesmaids



Yay! We're married!


Now time to party it up!


I wanted the centerpieces to be filled with peonies, roses, hydrangea, and various greens. The tall centerpieces had crystal garlands draped. I thought the crystals would look so romantic in the evening with the candlelight .


I also wanted there to be lots and lots of candles with pale pink roses, just to add to the romance.


Carey from Stems Flower Design did an amazing job and really listened to what I wanted. She made my vision a reality. I was truly blessed to find such a great team of people that were willing to take the time to create my dream into a reality.


I hope you enjoyed my day and much as I did. All I truly want is to live the happily ever after and grow old with my husband. He truly is my one and only and I couldn't imagine my life without him.
Now I'm off to painting, haha!
Take care everyone! Big Hugs, Melissa

No comments: